At LifeBridge Health, the Care Management department ensures all patients receive effective, efficient, medically appropriate care.
At the beginning of your hospital stay, the care management team assists your care team (including any financial counselors and insurance providers) in identifying your current needs as well as the needs you will have when you leave the hospital. The care management team considers these needs during the entire patient care process that begins with admission, continues with diagnosis and treatment, and ends with discharge.
Registered nurses, social workers, care management assistants and a physician advisor make up the care management team. A care management team member works with you and your medical care team to ensure that you receive care that meets your needs.
Soon after your admission, the care management team assists you with discharge planning, including identifying a target date for discharge. During your stay, the team will keep you aware of your goals that need to be met before leaving the hospital. The care management team also helps you by:
- Contacting other clinical staff and community providers to arrange continuing medical care services after your discharge from the hospital. These services might include acute and subacute rehabilitation and assistance with long-term care; home care needs; home infusion/IV therapy; long-term care in a nursing home; and home medical equipment
- As necessary, referring you to community resources such as case management, housing, support groups, crisis counseling and mental health programs.
- Helping to address quality of care concerns such as communication and coordination of family meetings.
- Regularly reviewing with your insurance provider information about your admission, length of stay and medical services.
- Answering questions about your rights and the appeal processes as it relates to your insurance provider.
Business hours for members of the care management team are:
- Sinai Hospital: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Northwest Hospital: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Main Hospital: 410-601-9000
- Guest Relations: 410-601-8778
- Care Management Office: 410-601-5578
- Admitting: 410-601-5659
- Main Hospital: 410-521-2200
- Guest Relations: 410-521-5547
- Care Management Office: 410-521-5952
- Admitting: 410-521-5923